EPP102 - Learning-Teaching Communities
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
Students must be enrolled in course E377, D347 or D351
|Unit chair:||A Skourdoumbis|
A Skourdoumbis (Burwood (Melbourne))
TBA (Waurn Ponds (Geelong))
1 x 1 hour Class and 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week when not on practicum placement.
Practicum: Students will be required to complete a 10 day teaching practicum.
The contact hours for this unit are interspersed throughout the trimester to accommodate in-depth and contextualised discussion of professional experience. This unit includes 10 days professional experience.
During these days the preservice teacher will:
- observe, identify and record demonstrated features of a safe, inclusive, engaging and challenging learning environments.
- collect and analyse policy documents relating to inclusivity
- attend meetings, yard duty, school activities and any opportunities for engagement with the broader school community.
- supervise the work of small groups of students and work with individuals.
- keep a journal (electronic and/or hardcopy) in which evidence of their planning, observations, collected documents, participation in school activities and reflections are kept.
- undertake an orientation to the school environments
- conduct and record observations of class, teacher and school routines
- observe and analyse the nature of learning and teaching in a number of classrooms across a number of schools
- Pre-service teachers will be expected to share their journal with their supervising teachers and appropriate University teaching staff.
Assessment Task 1: Analysis of School Space (1800 words; 50%)
Assessment Task 2: Collaborative Research Task (1800 words; 50%)
Hurdle Requirement: Assessing the Professional experience
For students enrolled in School of Education courses, the professional experience component is assessed primarily by the class-based teacher who advises the Unit Chair. Satisfactory completion of the Professional Experience component is compulsory in order for the student to progress.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.