EPP102 - Learning-Teaching Communities
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
Students must be enrolled in course E377, D347 or D351
|Unit chair:||A Skourdoumbis|
A Skourdoumbis (Burwood (Melbourne))
E El Hachem (Waurn Ponds (Geelong))
1 x 1 hour Class and 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week when not on professional experience placement.
Professional experience: Students will be required to complete a 10 day professional experience placement.
The contact hours for this unit are interspersed throughout the trimester to accommodate in-depth and contextualised discussion of professional experience. This unit includes 10 days professional experience.
During these days the preservice teacher will:
- observe, identify and record demonstrated features of a safe, inclusive, engaging and challenging learning environments.
- collect and analyse policy documents relating to inclusivity
- attend meetings, yard duty, school activities and any opportunities for engagement with the broader school community.
- supervise the work of small groups of students and work with individuals.
- keep a journal (electronic and/or hardcopy) in which evidence of their planning, observations, collected documents, participation in school activities and reflections are kept.
- undertake an orientation to the school environments
- conduct and record observations of class, teacher and school routines
- observe and analyse the nature of learning and teaching in a number of classrooms across a number of schools
- Pre-service teachers will be expected to share their journal with their supervising teachers and appropriate University teaching staff.
Assessment Task 1: Analysis of School Space (1800 words; 50%)
Assessment Task 2: Collaborative Research Task (1800 words; 50%)
Hurdle Requirement: Satisfactory completion of the professional experience placement is required in order to pass this unit
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price