ESJ358 - Studies in LOTE Curriculum B
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||M Weinmann|
At least 4 LOTE Language Learning Units and ESJ357
Students must be enrolled in course E359
Campus: 1 x 3 hour Seminar per week
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
Topics to be addressed in this unit include
- an exploration of classroom contexts and the students who work within it;
- a frame of reference for designing curriculum;
- an investigation of issues in LOTE curriculum and teaching;
- an investigation of different strategies for teaching, assessment and evaluation; and
- the role of the language teacher
Task 1: 50% A written essay in the format of a textbook critique, critically evaluating culture-related content against the theories, concepts and goals of intercultural language learning (2000 words).
Task 2: 50% Development of an integrated unit for the senior years (Year 12) (2000 words).
Professional Experience - successful completion of 10 days of supervised professional experience
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.