ESS741 - Science and Environmental Sustainability: Curriculum Study (Years 7-10)
|Year||2017 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
Student must be enrolled in course D304, E760, E763, E763T or E765
Campus: 1 x 3 hour Seminar per week for 9 weeks
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
The unit aims to lead students to a deeper understanding and appreciation of different approaches to the learning and teaching of education for sustainability, including its relation to socio-scientific issues and environmental education, to lower secondary level years 7 to 10 across a range of curriculum areas and as a whole school approach.
- The nature and purposes of education for sustainability and its relation to socio-scientific issues and environmental education
- Locating opportunities for learning and teaching through education for sustainability in the Australian National Curriculum
- Approaches to learning and teaching through education for sustainability
- Assessment for and of learning through education for sustainability
- Learning and teaching resources for education for sustainability.
Design a lower secondary (years 7 to 10) program in education of sustainability, socio-scientific issues, and/or environmental education across a range of curriculum areas and/or as a whole school approach, (Individual), 3000 words or equivalent, 60%
Design a resource (share it via presentation) to support an aspect of student learning from the assessment 1 program, include a description (with task details) of how to assess for and of learning, (Group) 2000 words per person or equivalent, 40%
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: