ETP201 - Teacher - Learner Relationships
|Year||2017 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
Kim Davies (Burwood (Melbourne))
Dianne Toe (Waurn Ponds (Geelong))
Gaelene Hope-Rowe (Warrnambool)
Students must have passed units ETP101 and ETP102
Students must be enrolled in course E359
1 x 1 hour Class per week and 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week when not on professional experience placement
Professional Experience: Students are also required to attend a 10 day professional experience placement
This is the second unit of the professional studies strand. The unit will involve in-depth and contextualised discussion of the ways learners are ‘known’ in classrooms. Students will adopt a range of ways of seeing learners from the theoretical literature from this unit and critique notions of equity and diversity within learning environments. The students will finally critique these revised ways of seeing learners through revisiting the place of their own beliefs and philosophical stance.
This unit includes 10 consecutive days professional experience. During these days the pre-service teacher will:
- observe, identify and record demonstrated features of a safe, inclusive, engaging and challenging learning environments.
- collect and analyse policy documents relating to these features
- attend meetings, yard duty, school activities and any opportunities for engagement with the broader school community.
- supervise the work of small groups of students and work with individuals.
- as a pair and with supervisor, work toward team teaching whole class.
- keep a journal (electronic and/or hardcopy) in which evidence of their planning, observations, collected documents, participation in school activities and reflections are kept. Pre-service teachers will be expected to share their journal with their supervising teachers and appropriate University teaching staff.
Reflective Learning Log, 30%
Group lesson 25%
Learner case study and Individualised Learning Plan, 45%
Hurdle Requirement: Satisfactory completion of the professional experience placement is required in order to pass this unit
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon