ETP201 - Teacher - Learner Relationships
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
|Unit chair:||D Toe|
P O'Keefe (Burwood (Melbourne))
D Toe (Waurn Ponds (Geelong))
G Hope-Rowe (Warrnambool)
Students must have passed ETP101 or ETP102 & must have passed 4 credit points at level 1
Students must be enrolled in course E359
1 x 1 hour Class per week and 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week when not on professional experience placement.
Professional Experience: Students are also required to attend a 10 day professional experience placement.
This is the second unit of the professional studies strand. The unit will involve in-depth and contextualised discussion of the ways learners are ‘known’ in classrooms. Students will adopt a range of ways of seeing learners from the theoretical literature from this unit and critique notions of equity and diversity within learning environments. The students will finally critique these revised ways of seeing learners through revisiting the place of their own beliefs and philosophical stance.
This unit includes 10 consecutive days professional experience. During these days the pre-service teacher will:
- observe, identify and record demonstrated features of a safe, inclusive, engaging and challenging learning environments.
- collect and analyse policy documents relating to these features
- attend meetings, yard duty, school activities and any opportunities for engagement with the broader school community.
- supervise the work of small groups of students and work with individuals.
- as a pair and with supervisor, work toward team teaching whole class.
- keep a journal (electronic and/or hardcopy) in which evidence of their planning, observations, collected documents, participation in school activities and reflections are kept. Pre-service teachers will be expected to share their journal with their supervising teachers and appropriate University teaching staff.
AT1: Reflective Learning Log 25%
AT2: Collaborative investigation of inclusive learning communities (30%)
AT3: Learner case study and Individualised Learning Plan (45%)
Hurdle Requirement: Satisfactory completion of the professional experience placement is required in order to pass this unit
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price