ETP301 - Pedagogy
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
|Unit chair:||C Charles|
Students must have passed two units in ETP101, ETP102 or ETP201
Students must be enrolled in course E359
1 x 1 hour Class per week and 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week when not on professional experience placement.
Professional experience: Students will be required to complete a 10 day professional experience placement.
This is the fourth unit of the professional studies strand. The students will turn their focus to individual learners within the classroom. They will use the broader issues and discourses raised in previous units to inform individual pedagogic planning.
This unit includes 10 days professional experience. During these days the pre-service teacher will:
- undertake an orientation to the school environment.
- identify two learners to focus their attention. Follow these learners across a range of subject areas, classes and learning experiences with the purpose of drawing upon these multifaceted observations to inform their planning in collaboration with the supervisor
- teach at least two lessons a day for a class, small groups of students or with individuals.
- attend meetings, be involved in yard duty, school activities and any opportunities for engagement with the broader school community.
- keep a journal (electronic and/or hardcopy) in which evidence of their planning, observations, collected documents, participation in school activities and reflections are kept. Pre-service teachers will be expected to share their journal with their supervising teachers and appropriate University teaching staff.
AT 1: Group development of a pedagogy policy, 1600 words, 40%
AT 2: Folio of pedagogic planning, 2400 words, 60%
Hurdle Requirement: Satisfactory completion of the professional experience placement is required in order to pass this unit