ETP402 - University-To-Work Transition
2015 unit information
Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Warrnambool
|Unit chair:||D Toe|
C Beatson (Burwood (Melbourne))
D Toe (Waurn Ponds (Geelong))
V Stevens (Warrnambool)
Students must have passed ETP401 & must have passed four units in ETP101, ETP102, ETP201, ETP301, ETP302, ETS301, ETS302
Students must be enrolled in course E359.
1 x 1 hour Class per week, 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week.
Practicum: Students will be required to complete a 20 day teaching practicum.
Students must pass all components of this unit in order to progress to the next ETP unit in the professional education sequence.
This capstone unit is designed to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their knowledge and skills with their teacher beliefs, values and practices from their course and professional experience. The students will complete a review of their undergraduate studies and present their learning to the cohort in small groups. The capstone provides an opportunity for students to explicitly demonstrate what they have learned throughout their degree. They will produce a critical reflection on their own practice drawing on theoretical and practical knowledge. In addition, they will construct a showcase portfolio as further evidence of their own learning. The content prepares them for the transition to the workplace and the profession. The capstone requires students to select and design an investigation into a topic relevant to them as emerging professionals to support their ongoing engagement with the profession.
This unit includes 20 days professional experience. During these days the pre-service teacher will:
- plan a unit of work/whole class program using an appropriate format for extended planning as discussed with supervising teachers
- teach whole class for at least two lessons a day leading to full control for at least 10 days straight
- become fully involved in the life and operations of the school, as per a beginning teacher
- where possible, attend and participate in parent/teacher (/student) interviews
- At the conclusion of this placement, the supervising teacher will be asked to complete the report and indicate whether the pre-service teacher is ‘Ready to Teach’. If there are any concerns then a decision will be made in conjunction with the University teaching staff.
AT1: Review of Past Learning, Oral Presentation 15 Minutes, (30%)
AT2: Showcase Portfolio (30%)
AT3: Professional Development Project Equivalent to 1600 words (40%)
Hurdle Requirements: Assessing the Professional Experience
For students enrolled in School of Education courses, the professional experience component is assessed primarily by the class-based teacher who advises the Unit Chair. Satisfactory completion of the Professional Experience component is compulsory in order for the student to progress.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.