ETS301 - Pedagogy - Middle Years (7-10)
|Year||2017 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
Students must contact Student Services office to enrol in this unit
Students must be enrolled in E359 course
EEP301, EPP207, ETP301, ETP302
1 x 1 hour Class per week and 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week when not on professional experience placement
Professional experience: Students will be required to complete a 10 day professional experience placement
This is the third of the five units in the Pedagogy and Curriculum strand. The students will turn their focus to individual learners within the classroom. They will use the broader issues and discourses raised in previous units to inform individual pedagogic planning.
This unit includes 10 days professional experience. During these days the pre-service teacher will:
- undertake an orientation to the school environment.
- identify two learners to focus their attention. Follow these learners across a range of subject areas, classes and learning experiences with the purpose of drawing upon these multifaceted observations to inform their planning in collaboration with the supervisor.
- teach at least two lessons a day for a class, small groups of students or with individuals.
- attend meetings, be involved in yard duty, school activities and any opportunities for engagement with the broader school community.
- keep a teaching portfolio (electronic and/or hardcopy) in which evidence of their planning, observations, collected documents, participation in school activities and teaching reflections are kept. Pre-service teachers will be expected to share their portfolio with their supervising teachers and appropriate University teaching staff. Data collected through portfolio activities will be used in unit assessment tasks.
Group development of a pedagogy policy, 1600 words, 40%
Folio of pedagogic planning, 2400 words, 60%
Hurdle Requirement: Satisfactory completion of the professional experience placement is required in order to pass this unit
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon