- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Unit chair:||G Wadley|
|Contact hours:||3 hours of workshops per week or equivalent|
|Note: Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.|
This unit aims to enable Honours students to develop:
- A deep understanding of the philosophies, ethics and principles of research;
- Knowledge of a range of research approaches;
- Skills in data management, methods and tools for research practice; and
- Skills in planning, implementing and reporting research studies.
The unit is constructed in four streams. All students must complete the compulsory introductory research stream which includes research paradigms, ethics and data management. Students must also select one elective stream of study of most relevance to their honours research disciple from the following i) Qualitative research ii) Quantitative research iii) Laboratory based experimental research iv) Medicine stream. Each of the elective streams provides students with the necessary methodological, technical and analytical skills and knowledge required for research practice.
Compulsory stream: written assessment (3000 words) or equivalent 50% plus written assessment (3000 words) or equivalent for the elected stream of study 50%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.