HPS728 - Organisational Placement 3
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne)|
Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne)
This unit will cover a wide range of organisational problems and experiences in a variety of settings. The placements are designed to equip students with professional skills and an awareness of professional issues. Students are expected to build on their learning from previous placements and continue to enhance their professional and technical competence. Students will be exposed to the workings of an organisation and the types of issues that arise in a psychological context. The placement will be based on a well-defined activity that can be completed during a specified attendance period. The project/activity will be directly relevant to organisational/ industrial psychology and will relate to a concern that the organisation wishes to address. The student will prepare a written report for the organisation on the project outcome.
An ungraded pass is awarded for successful completion of the placement unit and its components. Satisfactory completion of the unit involves the following components:
- Assessment task 1: Satisfactory contribution and participation in pre placement scoping activities (e.g., development and assessment centre, meetings/discussion with Placement Coordinator/s, or alternative tasks);
- Assessment task 2: Attendance for agreed length of placement to an assigned organisation;
- Assessment task 3: Satisfactory completion of a project and/or placement activities aligned to organisational psychology;
- Assessment task 4: Satisfactory presentation of the logbook. This is a professional document required for registration purposes and must be maintained to an appropriate standard in terms of content and presentation. The content should be in the form of advanced discussion of placement activities accompanied by in-depth reflections;
- Assessment task 5: Satisfactory completion of the placement unit within the relevant University trimester time-frames;
- Assessment task 6: A report indicating satisfactory professional and ethical competence of the student from the Organisation Supervisor and the Deakin Supervisor, and
- Assessment task 7: Satisfactory participation in group and individual supervision sessions.
If there is uncertainty regarding the satisfactory completion of any of the above components or if student competence is questioned, the Deakin Supervisor/Unit Chair(s) will review and determine the outcome.
Failure to complete the requirements of any one component satisfactorily will result in the student failing the assessment. Failure of a placement unit may lead to enrolment in the course being revoked.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.