HPY705 - Evaluation, Ethical Practice and Professional Development
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne)|
Students must be enrolled in H577 Graduate Certificate of Coaching and Counselling or H677 Graduate Diploma of Coaching and Counselling to enrol in this unit
3 hours (1 x 3 hour seminar) per week
This unit is a core unit in the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma of Coaching and Counselling.
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
The unit aims to enable students to develop understanding of, and practice in, current approaches in coaching and counselling for behaviour change including:
- Research methods and evaluation;
- Advanced professional practice.
Working with clients with:
- A mood disorder (Unipolar or Bipolar disorder);
- Anxiety Disorder/Panic Disorder;
- Managing diversity (group and individual contexts);
- Starting out as a coach/counsellor (own practice & in-house);
- Creating documents;
- Coaching/counselling agreements;
- Developing case notes;
- Advertising material and media;
- Professionalism and personal development;
- Reflection and Reflective Practice Level 4.
The unit is applicable to a range of disciplines across the university and highly relevant for students wishing to develop practical skills in coaching, counselling, well-being and life-skills.
Assessment task 1: Personalised assignment (2000 words) 40%
Assessment task 2: Design an empirical pre-post evaluation process for evaluating the impact of a group-training program (equivalent to 1200 words) 25%
Assessment task 3: Create a professional and personal development plan incorporating an analysis of current skills, knowledge, strengths and needs (equivalent to 1200 words) 25%
Assessment task 4: Short essay (600 words) 10%
Assessment task 5: Seminar attendance: Satisfactory completion of the coaching and counselling skills development exercises in at least 8 of the 11 seminars required to obtain a pass or above in the unit - hurdle requirement
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.