HPY706 - Problems, Pathology and Potential
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne)|
Students must be enrolled in H677 Graduate Diploma of Coaching and Counselling to enrol in this unit
HPY702, HPY703, HPY704 and HPY705
1 x 1.5 hour class and 1 x 1.5 hour seminar per week
This unit is a core unit in the Graduate Diploma of Coaching and Counselling.
This unit aims to enable students to develop an understanding of common disorders and mainstream treatments of those disorders as well as awareness of relevant practitioner and client issues that need to be considered.
The unit will include:
- In-seminar counselling/coaching sessions;
- Developing an ethical framework for coaching/counselling practice
Assessment task 1: interview and short essay 40%
- Students will source and interview 3 suitably qualified practitioners working with clients with a specific disorders or conditions, to gain an overview of pertinent practitioner/client issues and each practitioner’s therapeutic approaches. The interviews will be submitted as audio files.
- Students will write a short 1000 word essay summary of the main issues and approaches highlighted by the three interviewed practitioners
Assessment task 2: Essay and short answers (2000 words) 30%
Assessment task 3: Essay (2000 words) 30%
Hurdle Requirement: Satisfactory completion of the counselling and coaching skills development exercises in at least 8 of the 11 seminars.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.