- Study at Deakin
- Life at Deakin
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
Only available to students enrolled in H343, D394 and D324.
Must be enrolled in or have previously successfully completed HSE010
1 x 2 hour class per week, 6 x 1 hour seminars per trimester, 5 x 2 hour laboratory classes per trimester.
|Note: You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.|
This unit introduces students to the key concepts of each of the sub-disciplines of sport and exercise science where they will examine how and why science informs professionals in sport, exercise and health-related occupations. More specifically, students will be introduced to the academic and professional disciplines of exercise physiology, motor learning, biomechanics, sport and exercise psychology and nutrition. This unit will also focus on the career pathways and professional development of sport and exercise scientists.
Exercise and Sport Science Fact Sheet (approximately 500 words) 20%, 4 x practical reports ( approximately 500 words) 30% (total), end of trimester written examination (2 hours) 50%. Hurdle requirement: completion of Level 2 First Aid course at student's expense.
B. Abernethy et al (Eds.) (2013) The Biophysical Foundations of Human Movement, 3rd Ed. Human Kinetics, Lower Mitcham, South Australia
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.