- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
(B, G, X)
Trimester 1 (B G), Trimester 3 (X)
Only available to students enrolled in H343, D324, D394, M320, E377, S302 and H300 and D391 students completing the Exercise Science major sequence or S323 students completing the Nutriton and Exercise Science major.
Other students who would like to enrol in this unit must submit their request to email@example.com. Enrolment quotas apply.
Trimester 1 - S Warmington (B), Trimester 3 (2012-2013) - K Howlett (G)
Must be enrolled in or have previously successfully completed HSE010
For on-campus students: 2 hours of lectures per week, 8 x 2 hour laboratories per trimester, 3 x 2 hour tutorials per trimester.
For off-campus students: 3 consecutive days of laboratory work, scheduled during trimester, and to be undertaken at either Burwood (for students enrolled in Burwood based courses) or Waurn Ponds (for all other students).
|Note: Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.|
This unit examines the physiological responses to acute and chronic exercise, with emphasis on the muscular, metabolic and oxygen transport systems. Scenarios where these systems limit exercise performance are covered using examples such as, exercise in the heat, dehydration, carbohydrate depletion and neuromuscular fatigue. Laboratory classes introduce students to the skills and techniques used to assess performance and the physiological responses to exercise.
Mid-trimester test (1 hour) 25%, laboratory reports (1500 words) 35%, end-trimester examination (1.5 hours) 40%, practical examination (hurdle requirement), combined attendance of 75% of laboratories and tutorials (hurdle requirement)
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.