HSH725 - Research Literacy for Health Practice
|Year||2015 unit information|
Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), CBD*, Cloud (online)
A minimum of four level 7 units
5 x 2 hour campus seminars; 5 x 1 hour cloud (online) seminars. Class material posted on CloudDeakin.
*CBD refers to Institute of Koorie Education – Community Based Delivery
This unit has been designed specifically for students enrolled in H615 Graduate Diploma of Health Promotion, H703 Master of Social Work, H749 Master of Health Promotion, H746 Master of Health and Human Services Management and H747 Master of Public Health. The focus is on the development of skills in critical thinking and research methods in public health practice.
The unit consists of 4 sections, as follows:
1. Research for health practice: evidence based practice and critical appraisal
2. Quantitative research: principles, techniques and critique
3. Qualitative research: principles, techniques and critique
4. Ethical principles and alternative research designs
Assessment task 1: Evidence based practice for health practitioners (2000 words) 40%
Assessment task 2: Critical appraisal (2000 words) 40%
Assessment task 3: Ethics in research case studies (1000 words) 20%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.