- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
This unit is only available to students enrolled in H718 Master of Dietetics
S Torres (B)
1 x 1 hour lecture and 1 x 2 hour tutorial/computer labs per week
|Note: Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.|
This unit will equip students with the relevant skills and knowledge in nutrition research relevant to dietetic practice. Topics covered in this unit include conducting a literature review, research ethics, nutritional assessment, oral and poster presentation skills, literature reviews, quantitative and qualitative research, research study designs and statistical analysis.
Each assessment task must be passed in order to pass the unit. Individual and Team Based Learning (TBL) tasks 16%, online multiple-choice tests 4%, dietary methodology assignment (1500 words) 30%, research project (2500 words) 50%, combined attendance of 80% of tutorials and computer labs (hurdle requirement).
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.