Return to previous page

HSN740 - Nutrition Research Skills

Unit details

Year2017 unit information
Enrolment modes:Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne)
Credit point(s):1
EFTSL value:0.125
Cohort rule:

This unit is only available to students enrolled in H718 Master of Dietetics

Unit chair:

Paige Van Der Pligt





Incompatible with:


Contact hours:

1 x 1 hour class and 1 x 2 hour seminar/computer labs per week


This unit will equip students with the relevant skills and knowledge in nutrition research relevant to dietetic practice. Topics covered in this unit include conducting a literature review, research ethics, nutritional assessment, oral and poster presentation skills, literature reviews, quantitative and qualitative research, research study designs and statistical analysis.


Assessment task 1: Cloud (online) multiple-choice tests 10%

Assessment task 2: Individual and Team Based Learning (TBL) tasks 20%

Assessment task 3: Dietary methodology assignment (1500 words) 30%

Assessment task 4: Team based research project (individual contribution approximately 800 words per student) 35% plus oral presentation 5% - total 40%

Unit Fee Information

Click on the fee link below which describes you:

Return to previous page