- Study at Deakin
- Life at Deakin
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne)|
This unit is only available to students enrolled in H718 Master of Dietetics
1 x 1 hour class and 1 x 2 hour seminar/computer labs per week
|Note: You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.|
This unit will equip students with the relevant skills and knowledge in nutrition research relevant to dietetic practice. Topics covered in this unit include conducting a literature review, research ethics, nutritional assessment, oral and poster presentation skills, literature reviews, quantitative and qualitative research, research study designs and statistical analysis.
Each assessment task must be passed in order to pass the unit. Individual and Team Based Learning (TBL) tasks 16%, cloud (online) multiple-choice tests 4%, dietary methodology assignment (1500 words) 30%, research project (2500 words) 50%, combined attendance of 80% of seminars and computer labs (hurdle requirement).
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.