HSW714 - Professional Practice in Social Work A
|Year||2015 unit information|
Trimester 2: CBD*, Cloud (online)^
This unit is only available to students enrolled in H703 Master of Social Work
At least four units including HSW701, HSW703 and one other HSW7xx coded unit.
^Attendance at a one day intensive pre-placement seminar in Trimester 1 is compulsory. This is scheduled to be held on the Friday before the compulsory weekend intensive seminar for HSW703.
*CBD refers to Institute of Koorie Education – Community Based Delivery
This unit aims to provide opportunities for students to integrate theory with practice and develop the required skills and knowledge base to meet the Association of Social Workers Practice Standards. The content of this unit will be largely shaped by the context in which the field placement is undertaken. Even so there are generic areas that will be covered during all field placements, either through engagement with and reflection on social work practice modalities, in CloudDeakin ELives and peer and class online discussions, professional supervision and liaison, or during dialogue with agency personnel.
Ungraded Pass (UP) or Fail is used for this unit which will require for UP successful completion of:
- Assessment task 1: Compulsory attendance at 1 day Pre-Placement Intensive in Trimester 1
- Assessment task 2: 70 days (minimum of 500 hours) of supervised field practicum in an agency setting
- Assessment task 3: Critical incident report (2000 words)
- Assessment task 4: Regular journaling using critical reflection
- Assessment task 5: Participation in weekly discussions on CloudDeakin
- Assessment task 6: Mid and Final Placement Reports
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.