- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:||Nil|
1 x 3 hour seminar per week
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
This unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to build complex decision models and use advanced quantitative modelling techniques to analyse and develop solutions to business problems.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
1. Conceptualise, formulate and represent a business problem as a decision model
2. Develop business decision models using software tools
3. Use decision modelling techniques such as optimisation, stochastic modelling and risk analysis
4. Develop and evaluate the utility of alternative solutions
5. Carry out sensitivity analysis
6. Develop on overview of advanced modelling techniques and approaches in Business Analytics.
Assessment 1 (individual) - Assignment (spreadsheet model) - 40%
Assessment 2 (individual) - Assignment (spreadsheet based model and executive summary) - 40%
Assessment 3 (group of 2-3 students) - Assignment (1000 words) - 20%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.