MIS775 - Decision Modelling for Business Analytics
2017 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
|Previously coded as:||Nil|
Available to students enrolled in Master's level courses only
MIS770 for M722,M761, M661 and M755 students ONLY
Campus: 1 x 2 hour class, 1 x 1 hour computer lab per week
This unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to build complex decision models and use advanced quantitative modelling techniques to analyse and develop solutions to business problems.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
1. Conceptualise, formulate and represent a business problem as a decision model
2. Develop business decision models using software tools
3. Use decision modelling techniques such as optimisation, stochastic modelling and risk analysis
4. Develop and evaluate the utility of alternative solutions
5. Carry out sensitivity analysis
6. Develop an overview of advanced modelling techniques and approaches in Business Analytics.
Assessment 1 (Group of 2-3) - Case Study - 20%
Assessment 2 (Group of 2-3) - Case Study - 30%
Examination: 2 hours - 50%
Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the marks available on the examination.
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon