- Study at Deakin
- Life at Deakin
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
|Previously coded as:||Nil|
Available to students enrolled in Master's level courses only
1 x 2 hour class and 1 x 1 hour computer lab per week
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
This unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to build complex decision models and use advanced quantitative modelling techniques to analyse and develop solutions to business problems.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
1. Conceptualise, formulate and represent a business problem as a decision model
2. Develop business decision models using software tools
3. Use decision modelling techniques such as optimisation, stochastic modelling and risk analysis
4. Develop and evaluate the utility of alternative solutions
5. Carry out sensitivity analysis
6. Develop on overview of advanced modelling techniques and approaches in Business Analytics.
Assessment 1 (individual) - Assignment (spreadsheet model) - 40%
Assessment 2 (individual) - Assignment (spreadsheet based model and executive summary) - 40%
Assessment 3 (group of 2-3 students) - Assignment (1000 words) - 20%
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon