MIS799 - Information Systems in Practice
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:||Nil|
Available to students enrolled in Master's level courses only
Completion of 6 credit points of postgraduate level study of which at least four must be MIS-coded units.
Campus: 1 x 3 hour class per week
Cloud(online): Learning resources are via CloudDeakin.
This is a capstone project unit that will provide students with the opportunity to develop Information
Systems practice skills. The unit aims to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on
experience by working on an authentic business problem from concept to solution under the guidance
and direction of a team of academic staff and industry advisors.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
1. Investigate a business problem and identify associated stakeholders and business processes
2. Identify and source information relevant to the business problem
3. Analyse the business processes and information to understand drivers and impacts
4. Explore and evaluate the utility of alternative IS driven solutions
5. Develop strategies for the successful implementation of the optimal solution
Assessment 1 (group 3-4 students) - Report detailing problem formulation (2000 words) - 30%
Assessment 2 (individual) - Executive Report (3000 words) - 50%
Assessment 3 (group 3-4 students) - Group presentation - 20%
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price