MMP713 - Property and Real Estate Context
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
This unit aims to give students a basic understanding of the property market including land economics, urban economic geography and the role valuation plays in the broader property market.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- Explain the role property plays in the context of the built environment, urban planning, the investment environment, design and construction
- Explain the concept of real property and improvements on land
- Evaluate the state of a property market and sub-markets by applying appropriate financial concepts such as yield and taking into account local (urban) issues such as expectations for growth.
- Prepare a ‘property market’ report suitable for potential investors based on the above analysis
- Prepare property valuations using the three primary approaches to valuation.
Assignment 1 2500 words 25%
Assignment 2 2500 words 25%
Examination 2 hours 50%
Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination