- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
|Note: You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.|
This unit has a focus on building studies in the context of sustainability and covers residential and non-residential (including high-rise) construction technology, building costs, plans and specifications, materials, depreciation and maintenance. The aim of this unit is to introduce students to the principles of building construction technology, materials and procedures and the key social, economic and environmental factors affecting sustainability.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- describe the main methods of sustainable construction for residential and non- residential buildings.
- describe the basic characteristics and qualities of a range of building materials within the context of sustainability
- describe the residential construction process
- prepare a report for a property investor evaluating sustainable building aspects.
Assignment 1 2500 words 25%, Assignment 2 2500 words 25%, Examination 2 hours 50%, Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.