- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Previously coded as:|
|Note: Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.|
The aim of this unit is to give an understanding about the management of property in the context of the international real estate market. The unit discusses related aspects of property management including asset management and corporate real estate (CRE) with reference to life-cycle costs, value to the business plans of an organisation, and functionality/fitness for purpose.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- Explain the framework relating specifically to property management
- Explain and outline property management principles
- Evaluate the importance of ethical behaviour by property professionals
- Undertake an appreciation of the role of industry bodies in the property management
- Evaluate different situations that may arise in the letting of property
- Explain the operation of the leasing process.
Assignment 1 2500 words 25%, Assignment 2 2500 words 25%, Examination 2 hours 50%, Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.