MMP731 - Management of Real Estate
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
The aim of this unit is to give an understanding about the management of property in the context of the international real estate market. The unit discusses related aspects of property management including asset management and corporate real estate (CRE) with reference to life-cycle costs, value to the business plans of an organisation, and functionality/fitness for purpose.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- Explain the framework relating specifically to property management
- Explain and outline property management principles
- Evaluate the importance of ethical behaviour by property professionals
- Undertake an appreciation of the role of industry bodies in the property management
- Evaluate different situations that may arise in the letting of property
- Explain the operation of the leasing process.
Assignment 1 2500 words 25%
Assignment 2 2500 words 25%
Examination 2 hours 50%
Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price