MMP732 - Property Development
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
The aim of this unit is to discuss the concepts of property development based on the highest and best use framework. The reference is made to both residential and commercial property developments and includes reference to financial analysis and risk-return evaluations.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- Describe the process of property development for commercial and non- residential buildings
- Describe the procurement options which are available to property developers
- Explain market research strategies
- Explain the characteristics and qualities of a range of building materials and features within the context of sustainable property development
- Describe the concepts of promotion and selling of commercial property developments
- Explain the drivers behind sustainability in property development
- Describe a number of key significant international property development projects.
Assignment 1 2500 words 25%
Assignment 2 2500 words 25%
Examination 2 hours 50%
Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.