MMS701 - Athlete Management
|Year||2016 unit information|
Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne) Intensive, Cloud (online)
Burwood (Melbourne) Intensive: Unit is taught face to face intensively in blocks during Trimester 1. Classes are not held every week, but attendance is required across the dates specified below:
Cloud (Online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
This unit addresses: the history of athlete management; management services; the roles of the player, the manager and the club; athlete career development; overall development of the athletes; athlete retirement; commercial property; conflict, sponsorship; celebrity marketing; and finance and scheduling.
Assessment 1 (individual) - Written assignment (2500 words) - 25%
Assessment 2 (individual) - Assignment (2500 words) - 25%
Assessment 3 (group of 4) - Written assignment (3000 words) - 30% and Presentation (15 minutes) - 20% - Total - 50%
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price