SIT340 - Research and Development in Information Technology
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
Any two level 2 SIT coded units
Campus: 1 x 2 hour class per week.
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin. Students will have the opportunity to participate in online consultation.
This unit focuses on the building of knowledge and skills in research and development for Information Technology, in particular:
- Knowledge and skills to survey a given topic through literature review, product review, and interviews;
- Knowledge and skills in critical thinking and problem solving through the analysis, design, development, and evaluation of a research and development topic;
- Knowledge and skills in presentation and documentation through formal presentation of a research and development finding in the seminars and writing of the formal report.
The unit is organised as a number of research and development hot topics; each topic will be led by an active researcher / developer who is an expert on the particular topic. Examples of hot topics are as follows:
- Network and System Security
- Security and Privacy in I.T.
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Computing
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Optimisation and Modelling
1 x survey report 20%, 1 x formal presentation 20% (for Cloud (online) students: PowerPoint presentation with voice embedded), 1 x final report (including a weekly activity worksheet) 60%
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price