SIT740 - Research and Development in Information Technology
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
Campus: 1 x 2 hour class per week.
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin. Students will have the opportunity to participate in online consultation sessions.
This unit focuses on the building of knowledge and skills in research and development for Information Technology, in particular:
- Knowledge and skills to survey a given topic through literature review, product review, and interviews;
- Knowledge and skills in critical thinking and problem solving through the analysis, design, development, and evaluation of a research and development topic;
- Knowledge and skills in presentation and documentation through formal presentation of a research and development finding in the seminars and writing of the formal report.
The unit is organised as a number of research and development hot topics; each topic will be led by an active researcher / developer who is an expert on the particular topic. Examples of hot topics are as follows:
- Network and System Security
- Security and Privacy in I.T.
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Computing
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Optimisation and Modelling
1 x survey report 20%, 1 x formal presentation 20% (for Cloud (online) students: PowerPoint presentation with voice embedded), 1 x final report (including a weekly activity worksheet) 60%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.