SLE799 - Essential Skills for Natural and Cultural Resource Management
|Year||2016 unit information|
Trimester 1: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Trimester 2: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Trimester 3: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
CBD: Students are required to attend 3 x 1 week intensive seminars per trimester via community-based delivery (and/or supported by face-to-face intensive study blocks).
Enrolment in this unit is handled by the Institute of Koorie Education.
The focus of the unit is on the advancement of practical and professional skills that will enable graduates to work in multiple agency, consultancy and workplace settings. The 5 skill areas concentrated on will include:
- The development of proposals, consultation processes and outcomes for NCRM projects
- The facilitation of information sessions and consultation processes
- The compilation and writing of needs analyses using databases
- The construction of a map from data base sources
- The construction or media presentations related to NCRM issues
- The interpretation and analysis of statistical data used in NCRM projects
The unit will be undertaken during the 3 Intensives scheduled for the Trimester. A combination of computer laboratory instruction, exercises and seminars will be the main methods of tuition.
Seminar presentation 30%, mapping exercise 25%, outline of a management plan 25%, resource analysis 20%
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price