Deakin University runs a compulsory International Registration and Enrolment Program at the start of each trimester for international students.
Why you must attend
The Program is a vital introduction to life as a Deakin student and presents information that will help you to succeed during your time here. During the program, you will:
- formally enrol as a Deakin student. This is also when you complete your advanced standing (credit transfer) application
- tour your campus
- receive important information about unit choices and selection
- learn how to structure your course with core units and electives
- learn how to access online tutorial sign-up. If you are late, you may find your preferred tutorial time-slot filled up
- learn how to use online study material
- get your student ID card and access to the IT system
- learn about studying in an Australian university and how the learning process might differ from the one you are used to
- meet 'ISS-Connect' student volunteers run by International Student Support (ISS). This is a great opportunity for you to make new friends and ask questions about living in Australia from other Deakin students.
Note: there are fixed end dates for enrolments and failure to enrol on time may lead to your having to defer your studies.
Details for Trimester 2, 2013 International Enrolment and Orientation Program will be made available at later date.