- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
Dr Glen Lean, in whose memory these awards are made, was a mathematics education scholar in the Faculty of Education from 1989 until his death in 1995. The Glendon A Lean Memorial Award and The Supplementary Glendon A Lean Memorial Award have been established through a bequest by Joseph A Lean. The Awards are offered for a maximum of three years to doctoral candidates who wish to pursue research in mathematics education.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidates are appointed.
• A stipend of $28,715 per annum (2012 rate)
• A relocation allowance up to a maximum of $1455 awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas
• Paid sick and parenting leave
Successful applicants must have achieved a Masters in Education degree with a research pathway or equivalent and have done so with outstanding results. Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a higher degree by research, and who:
• are Australian citizens or permanent residents or New Zealand citizens;
• international students are eligible, but tuition fees will apply;
• are enrolling as full-time students;
• are not receiving another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program (generally less than seventy-five per cent of the base APA stipend rate); and
• have not completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level.
Please apply online via our online application form. At Section 2 of the application form, please select ‘Candidature and Scholarship’ and select ‘Glendon A Lean Memorial Research Scholarship’ from the list.
Please contact Associate Professor Susie Groves for further information - firstname.lastname@example.org.