Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (ICECS)
Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships (ICECS) are available to future full-time Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to assist with the costs associated with higher education.
Cash payment per year ($2,469 in 2013). This amount is indexed annually.
Up to four years (eight payments) provided eligibility is maintained.
Number per year
Allocations for 2013 are currently not available.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- undertaking an undergraduate course of study in a Commonwealth supported place
- enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study
- in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit, or able to demonstrate that you have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- not holding a bachelors degree or higher-level award unless such award is a prerequisite to your current undergraduate course of study
enrolled to study at the Institute of Koorie Education
the degree of your involvement in your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community
financial, education or social disadvantage
responsibility for others
your disability status
Successful applicants are not permitted to hold an ICECS and Student Start-up Scholarship payable through Centrelink concurrently.
How to apply
Please contact Mr Adam Muir, Institute of Koorie Education.
Phone 03 5227 1190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.