Social work placements are designed to be diverse and challenging and allow students to link theory with practice within the broader community. The Deakin University Bachelor of Social Work degree requires students to undertake two placements, one of which will be a rural placement. It is also possible to undertake a placement overseas for HSW415.
For more information:
- Settings for placement (Examples of field education placement settings)
- How long are the placements and when do they occur?
- Planning for field placements(Information for planning field education placements)
- Placements in the place of work(Information for workplace based placements)
- Assessment (Field education assessment)