- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
1. You can select a combination of study areas to suit your desired career outcome; for example, psychology with exercise science or nutrition, physical activity and health with marketing, nutrition with health promotion or disability studies.
2. The flexible course structure allows you to cover a wide range of areas in health sciences and to concentrate on two specialist areas.
3. Majors available through the Bachelor of Health Sciences are: Exercise Science; Family, Society and Health; Food Studies; Health Promotion; Human Services; Nutrition; People, Society and Disability; Physical Activity and Health; Psychology; and Sport Coaching*.
4. Successful completion of the Bachelor of Health Sciences with two health majors and a biomedical sciences major is one of the many pathways for graduates to apply for entry into the Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery.
5. Completion of selected majors within the Bachelor of Health Sciences can give you the opportunity to apply for honours, and later a research degree (masters degree or PhD) at Deakin University.
*Please note - not all of the stated majors are available at all campuses.