The Bachelor of Occupational Therapy was designed in conjunction with OT Australia and prepares students to practise as
Occupational Therapists in metropolitan, regional and rural locations.
Occupational Therapists work with people of all ages,
helping them to engage in areas of daily living, assisting them to acheive
their personal goals for independence at home, work
and in the community.
1. Students recieve professional accreditation with OT Australia and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists upon completion of the course.
2. The purpose-built, occupational therapy laboratory hosts state-of-the-art facilities.
3. There is a large IT focus and teaching styles are hands on.
4. Teaching is guided by the latest research and developments in the field.
5. The course is available at the Geelong Waterfront Campus.
6. Students are required to undertake industry placements throughtout the course (minimum 1000 hours) gaining a large
amount of experience, starting from first year.
- Acute hospital services
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Mental health programs
- Paediatric occupational therapy
- Aged care occupational therapy
- Hospitals: acute, psychiatric, rehabilitation
- Community health services therapy
- Private practice
Deakin graduate employers