The Alliance between Deakin University's Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, the Department of Health and the Department of Human Services (Barwon-South West Region) exists to protect and enhance the health and social wellbeing of all people living in the Barwon-South Western Region. To achieve this, our organisations work together to support each other in conducting our core business. The Alliance integrates research, teaching, and practice to help create supportive environments, strengthen community actions, develop personal skills, ensure quality services and build healthy public policy.
We achieve our Mission by:
- brokering and collaborating in innovative interdisciplinary research across faculties that: engages members of the community; supports evidence-based practice and policy; and encourages intersectoral action on the social determinants of health
- ensuring a skilled and responsive local workforce through developing a coordinated and collaborative approach to workforce planning and development across the region
- aims to ensure that a diverse range of mechanisms can be explored and supported to increase individuals, organizations and communities ability to work sustainably together to address key local issues in the Barwon South West Region
- facilitating cross-alliance representation on audit panels, course advisory committees and other strategic planning activities
- developing useful community resources.
The Alliance will be recognised as a leading innovator in brokering and conducting relevant research, fostering a skilled workforce, and improving the overall vitality, equity and quality of life of the Barwon-South Western Region by engaging the health and human services sector.