- Welcome event: An event held in the first trimester of each year giving members the opportunity to socialise with on another off campus and become familiar with their fellow new and existing DOTS members.
- O-week free lunch and 2nd hand book sale: A social event held during o-week. Free lunch provided, giving new OT students the chance to meet fellow first years as well as students across all levels of OT. We also encourage OT students to bring along their text books to swap or sell.
- Guest speaker evening: An academic event where students can increase their knowledge regarding topics relevant to OT as well as gain the opportunity to network with practicing OT's and health professionals. This is an annual event where we invite active practitioners in the community and alumni to come and share knowledge and experience on particular topics
- ATSA Daily Living Expo: An expo held in Melbourne exhibiting the scope of daily aids available as well introducing the latest products and developments in the health community. This expo is a fantastic opportunity for students to experience what is available for their future clients and gain an up-close perspective on how certain aids work and for what reason an OT an prescribe them. We are planning a group trip to the expo in 2014.
- Wheel chair perspective group: (possible event in 2014) An on-campus practical exercise for DOTS members to experience what it is like to be in a wheel chair. This group will demonstrate to students the challenges that many in a wheel chair may face and gives students the opportunity to manoeuvre around in a wheel chair around campus, travelling up and down a ramp and getting in and around buildings.
- End of year party: That's right, of course we're going to hold an end of year party! Celebrate the completion of the uni year, or if you're in 4th year, the completion of your degree!