This information is for students enrolled in courses owned by the Faculty of Health
The criteria for eligibility is in the Assessment (Higher Education Courses) - Procedure
A Pass Conceded grade can only be granted when it is the last unit/credit point needed to complete your degree, and where the following conditions are met:
- has completed 11 of 12 credit points / 23 of 24 credit points / 31 of 32 credit point degree
- the student has a mark of between 45 and 49 for the unit for which the Pass Conceded grade is being considered
- the student has not been awarded a Pass Conceded grade for any other unit in the course or articulated suite of courses
- the student must have received a fail grade for no more than the number of units specified in the table below.
|Degree type||Number of units in which fail grade may have been received|
|Three-year undergraduate degree||A fail grade in no more than three other units|
|Four- or five-year undergraduate degree||A fail grade in no more than four other units|
|Combined degrees||A fail grade in no more than two other units in the relevant degree of the combined degree program|
|A fail in no more than one other unit|
|Masters||A fail in no more than two other units|
- The Faculty Academic Progress and Discipline Committee will consult with the Course Coordinator/s and the School APC Chair/s when deciding whether to award a Pass Conceded (PC) grade.
- In relation to combined degree programs (e.g. Bachelor of Health Sciences / Bachelor of Arts), a student is eligible to be considered for a Pass Conceded grade in each of the component degrees.
- In some courses, a PC grade cannot be awarded for core units in courses requiring professional registration - e.g. Bachelor of Nursing or combined Nursing degrees.
If you believe you have satisfied all of the above criteria, please email your details to
firstname.lastname@example.org from your Deakin email account with the following subject line:
Pass Conceded enquiry: [student name] - [student ID] - [course code]
You cannot apply for a PC until you are one unit/credit point short of course completion