Ethics application forms
Deakin staff or student project applications may be submitted to HEAG-H at any time.
New Applications: Please note that ALL applications MUST be signed and approved by the Head of School BEFORE submission to HEAG-H.
Forms are available here.
There have been some changes in the requirements for low-risk ethics applications.
- the National Ethics Application Form (NEAF) has been replaced by a 'low risk application form'. Please use the low risk application form for all submissions to HEAG-H. If for some reason you wish to use the NEAF, please contact HEAG-H beforehand to discuss. The NEAF is still required for all projects submitted to DUHREC.
- The 'Victorian Privacy Supplement' is now only required where the project involves a waiver of consent. Waiver projects should always go to DUHREC, so this supplement is no longer required for HEAG-H applications.
- There is a Plain Language Statement and consent form (PLSC) designed for use in low risk projects. These are available from the forms link at the top of this page.
Applicants who wish to submit an application through HEAG-H should include a low risk application form, a copy of the PLS and consent form as well as any other relevant paperwork such as copies of surveys, interviews or approvals from external agencies.
Modification of HEAG-H approved projects (including extensions):
Researchers must seek approval prior to modifying HEAG-H approved research projects. Please ensure this form is fully signed.
- Request for modification form (95KB DOC)
Researchers must submit an annual review/final report at the end of each year, and on completion of the project.
- Annual/Final report form (89KB DOC)
Where do I submit my application?
Electronic copies complete with signatures may be submitted via http://www.deakin.edu.au/research/researcher-support/integrity-secure/human-ethics/application-submission or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications must be submitted electronically.
Pro Vice-Chancellor's Office, Faculty of Health
Telephone: (03) 9251 7174
- Low risk application online form
- Low risk plain language statement and consent form
- NEAF (high risk) application form
Expedited Review Checklist Information
* Please note, although researchers are likely to tick at least one or two of the boxes indicating a potential for high risk, this does not necessarily mean that the application is ineligible for expedited review - only that the researcher is required to complete the special case assessment section explaining how this potential will be managed or minimised to ensure that the project remains low risk.
Plain Language Statements and Consent Forms
* For applicatons submitted to HEAG-H the complaints clause must read:
The Manager, Ethics and Biosafety, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood Victoria 3125, Telephone: 9251 7129, email@example.com
Please quote project number [HEAG-H XX_2016].