Health and Safety Executive (UK)http://www.hse.gov.uk/index.htm
Karolinska Institute, Department of Public Health Sciences The home of the WHO Collaborating Centre on Supportive Environments for Health. (Students please note: you will need to select display in English on the top right of this page.)
The Social Justice website includes a wealth of information about Social Determinants of Health and includes the Toronto Charter for a Healthy Canada. This Charter is based on evidence that the root sources of health and the causes of illness are social and economic.
Public Health Association of Australia The PHAA is Australia's peak advocacy for public health.
Canadian Public Health Association The CPHA is Canada's peak body for public health and has links to public health sites in the provinces which themselves, contain valuable material.
- Greenhalgh, T. 1997, How to read a paper: Papers that summarise other papers (systematic reviews and meta-analyses), BMJ, 315: 672-675.
- Rychetnik, L. & Frommer, M. 2002, A Schema for Evaluating Evidence on Public Health Interventions, National Public Health Partnership.
- Karolineska Institutet (Public Health Sciences)
- Health Promotion International
- Australia Health Promotion Association
- American Journal of Public Health
- American Journal of Health Promotion
- European Journal of Public Health
- Social Science and Medicine
- Australian Journal of Primary Health
- British Medical Journal www.bmj.com. This journal regularly carries public health articles, editorial opinion and commentary and provides free access on the Internet.
- Medical Journal of Australia www.mja.com.au. This journal carries a little public health content - it provides free access on the Internet.
- New Doctor: Journal of the Doctors Reform Society