Social Work student guide
This guide contains important information for students who are planning for or currently undertaking field placement. Please familiarise yourself with the following documents and resources.
The following information is available from the left hand side menu.
- Discussion - DSO/D2L (Deakin Studies Online) HSW314 and HSW415 discussion boards
- Resources & Links - Useful references and links for field education placements
- Handbook - Social work Deakin University's handbook entry
- Placements - Important information regarding placements
- Student Stories - Student stories about placement experience
- Workshops - Information regarding pre-placement workshops, integration seminars and online sessions
- Contact/Support - Contact and Support details for students on placement
- Downloads - Field Education Manual, placement materials and security checks, with separate pages for both the Bachelor of Social Work and the Master of Social Work
- Insurance - Deakin University insurance policies for students on placement
- Agencies - Information for agencies