- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
Lynne Adamson is the course coordinator for the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, a course accredited by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists. Lynne brings experience in curriculum design and implementation to her role, having previously established the undergraduate occupational therapy program at Charles Sturt University and also teaching in the masters level entry course at the University of Sydney.
Unit Chair HSO304
Unit Chair HSO405
Associate Professor Adamson has recently completed an evaluation of a community based psychosocial rehabilitation program in collaboration with a colleague from the University of Sydney. Her PhD research is a study of occupational therapy practice in mental health services in Australia.
• 1999 OT Australia Award in recognition of contribution to occupational therapy education and the professional association.
• 1998 Faculty of Health Studies Award for Teaching Excellence, Charles Sturt University, as part of the occupational therapy teaching team.
• OT Australia, World Federation of Occupational Therapists. Lynne is a past Australian delegate to the WFOT.
Associate Professor Adamson is involved in a wide range of School and Faculty committees, including:
• School Academic Progress Committee
• Faculty Admission Selection and Advanced Standing Committee
• Faculty Academic Progress and Discipline Committee
• Faculty Fieldwork group
• Association for Qualitative Research, November 2007. Contradictions and connections: Philosophy and theory in mental health practice