Back to List
Prof. David Watters
Chair in Surgery
School of Medicine
Role and profile
Professor David Watters is the Chair in Surgery based at the Geelong Hospital.
* HM301 Surgery Working Group Convenor
* Assessment and Curriculum development in Surgery
* Teaching General Surgery in wards, operating theaters and surgical outpatients in addition to surgical tutorials.
* Quality of Health Care, Surgical Audit, Surgical outcomes, Health IT systems, Performance Monitoring and Assessment, Surgical Education, International Health, Colorectal surgery, Endocrine surgery.
* Surgical History, particularly the History of Surgery in Papua New Guinea, including an 800 page book, Stitches in Time – Two centuries of surgery in Papua New Guinea (2011)
* B12 and dementia
View more details