News and Events
Concerned about your health? Unsure about where to start? Do you just need some help?
The Life! program at Deakin University might be just what you need!
You will receive one individual health coaching session followed by five group sessions to help you with the following areas:
- Stress management
- Sleep and relaxation
To assist you with your journey, you will:
Limited space available!
- receive a complimentary Life! workbook to guide you through these topics and to help you make lasting changes.
- receive expert health coaching that is run by trained facilitators who are health professionals
- information on courses running on campus at convenient times and locations
This is a free program, funded by the Victorian Government and run by Diabetes Australia – Victoria
For your eligibility, please take the online test
. And if you score a point average of 12 or above, please contact Jacinta Sharpe
Free Diabetes screening also available for Deakin Staff members and students!!! Contact Jacinta Sharpe
for more information. More information about Deakin Life! program
Maggots at Deakin's Waurn Ponds campus will be put to work on Bairnsdale ulcer wounds, to eat away dead flesh and improve healing in a pilot study being developed with Barwon Health.
Deakin microbiologist and researcher Dr Melanie Thomson yesterday said maggot use was just one olden-day remedy that could be employed in the apocalyptic age of antibiotic resistance and superbugs.
From the Geelong Advertiser
Geelong Advertiser - Old therapy may heal wounds
At the Nursing and Midwifery information evening, you will learn about the undergraduate courses:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing/ Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Studies (formally Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology)
Information Evenings at the following campuses and times:
Friday 31 May
Warrnambool City Centre
165 Timor Street Warrnambool
Tuesday 18 June
Room: I2.05 (LT2)
Melbourne Burwood Campus
Thursday 20 June
Room: d2.193 (Percy Baxter Lecture Theatre)
Geelong Waterfront Campus More information about Nursing and Midwifery Information Evening 2013
View News and Events archive