There is only one application form for the 2012 Leadership in Nursing and Midwifery Awards presented by Deakin University and Health Super. The application should address the criteria below and are the same for each award:
- Describe the leadership activity that has led to your application.
- Explain how the achievement or contribution is considered to be beyond the normal expectation of the activity or position.
- Identify the benefit to the community/profession/patient care/healthcare services
- Explain how the achievement or contribution is unique and innovative.
- Identify the scope of the impact. As an example is the impact experienced locally, nationally or internationally?
- Give details of how the activity has contributed to the development of new dimensions or directions in nursing and midwifery?
- Describe the elements of the activity that ensure sustainability.
All applications will be judged by a panel based on the evidence provided in the application.
1. Presentation of the Submission
- Application must clearly address the above criteria
- Written component must be clear and jargon free
- Supporting material must be succinct and relevant
- Applicant /nominee must be a registered nurse/midwife in Australia
2. Compliance with award intent
- Proposed activities to be undertaken with the Award monies need to contribute to the ongoing leadership of the nursing and midwifery profession. (See Application pack Part B item 4 on page 2 ).