The Alfred/Deakin Nursing Research Centre supports Honours, Masters and PhD research students. Below is a summary of current and past students’ projects and achievements.
Doctor of Philosophy:
- Rochelle Wynne. Thesis title: Pulmonary dysfunction following cardiac surgery.
- Lenore Beddoes. Thesis title: Indicators of quality of care for older people in acute and critical care environments
- Emma Cohen. Thesis title: Evaluating quality of care in an acute oncology setting: Symptom management practices.
- Lauren McTier. Thesis title: Barriers and facilitators to patient participation following cardiac surgery.
Masters of Nursing Practice (Research)
- Karen Sanders. Thesis title: Developing practice guidelines for the nursing management of patients undergoing diagnostic & interventional cardiology.
- Genevieve O’Shea. Thesis titled: To be determined.
Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
- Andrea Popescu.Thesis title: Medication safety in the acute care environment in the context of single checking policy. (Completed 2007).
- Jackie Farlow. Thesis title: Patients’ communication of pain in acute care contexts. (Completed 2007).
- Vicki White. Thesis title: A systematic review of the multidisciplinary processes in assisting mechanical ventilation weaning. (Completed 2007).