The four key objectives of the Centre are to:
- Pursue a program of research that supports the core clinical activities of Epworth Health and is situated within the Quality and Patient Safety (QPS) research cluster of the Faculty of Health, Deakin University. Our three overarching research priorities are:
- Patient engagement and participation in healthcare
- Patient experiences of care and recovery
- Clinical support for delivery of high quality, safe care.
- Support Quality and Patient Safety activities at Epworth Health through research translation.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for the professional development of clinical and academic staff through research training and education.
- Establish a public profile of the Centre that promotes its activities and research outcomes and highlights the expertise of its researchers as leaders in their field.