- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
The Partnership between Deakin University and UnitingCare Community Options (UCCO) was established in April, 2006 and has led to the appointment of Dr Goetz Ottmann.
The UCCO - Deakin partnership aims to conduct high quality research that adds to scientific knowledge and fosters resilience and wellbeing and self-determination in community-based aged and disability care.
Current Research Activities
We aim to develop innovative strategies to support evidence-informed practice. In addition, our programs integrate knowledge, ‘good practice’, and research to promote the improvement of community-based care delivery models.
Community Aged Care:
- Consumer-Directed community aged care;
- Fostering resilience later in life;
- Improving inter-professional communication in community aged care;
- Multiple chronic illness management in the community.
Community Disability Care:
- Involving people with an intellectual disability in the decision-making process
- Safeguarding children with a disability
Goetz Ottmann, PhD (Sociology)
Brandon Office Park
Building 5, 530-540 Springvale Rd
Glen Waverley VIC 3150
Phone: 03 9239 26 39
Fax: 03 9244 61 59
Phone: 03 9239 25 00